Monday, November 2, 2009

Whoa, I'm such a slacker

Well, it's been nine months since I arrived in Kenya and this is my FIRST posting! Upon arriving in Karungu and realizing that my internet access was going to be extremely limited, I decided to forego blogging and adhere to the almost antiquated mode of communicating with friends and family- putting pen to paper! I am contributing to the Kenyan economy by buying many many stamps. Last time I counted, I believe the total count was 179 letters to America. Whether all of them reached their final destinations is unknown, but I think for the most part mail service has been fairly reliable. Anyhow, if you want a hand written update just let me know (i.e. mail a request to Christy Stutsman, Box 119-40401, Karungu, Kenya. Ha!) A huge ASANTE SANA to all of you who have already sent me letters and packages, I appreciate it more than you'll ever realize!

Now, my internet time is up and I need to head back to the house and fire up the jiko for our lunch of githeri (boiled beans & corn) before I go to the hospital for my 2pm-10pm shift. Let me just assure you that YES I am doing fine: healthy, wealthy, and wise. (Alright, the second two are debatable.) I am left with only 3 months on my Catholic Medical Mission Board volunteer contract which means I am struggling to discern where God is leading me next. Currently, I can't even fathom returning to the US and living there permenantly...oh gosh...keep me in your prayers, okay?

Peace & Blessings,
Christy

No comments:

Post a Comment